The Australian Geoscience Information Association (AGIA) Incorporated (Inc.) is a national group made up of people and organisations working in any area of the geosciences at the professional level, and acts as a medium of communication for all those interested in geoscience information.
The objects of the Association are:
- to initiate, aid, promote and improve the exchange of information in the earth sciences and related areas;
- to encourage mutual co-operation among users and processors of earth sciences and resources information; and
- to maintain links between members and geoscience information organisations in Australia and overseas.
Through AGIA you will be able to meet other geoscience information professionals and share contributions and debate on a wide range of topics, including:
- the WWW, networking, grid computing
- Public domain access
- Sustainable data
- Data deluge
- Data formats
- Resource description & analysis
AGIA’s activities include seminars, workshops and conferences, always with plenty of opportunities to network in pleasant surroundings. The Association’s website provides access to AGIA’s newsletter – The Great Australian Byte – and links to useful resources. Read more about membership benefits here
AGIA also has a group on LinkedIn® – click the logo to join
Other AGC member societies include Association of Exploration Geochemists | Australasian Institute of Mining and Metallurgy | Australian Institute of Geoscientists | Australian Chapter, International Association of Hydrogeologists | Australian Society of Exploration Geophysicists | Geological Society of Australia | Petroleum Exploration Society of Australia