AGIA Workshop at AGCC Friday 19 October – Unrealised billions: deposits hidden in legacy data
The AGCC Convention Organising Committee has opened up workshop and field trip registrations to people who are not intending to attend the Convention in a bid to maximise the number of PD opportunities on offer for all.
Non-delegates that would like to attend please use the following link to register : https://ccm.eventsair.com/agcc2018/wsftnd
Review the list of workshops and field trips on offer here:
The FREE AGIA workshop is Post-Convention Workshop WK 16. MORE DETAILS about the AGIA workshop will be distributed via the next newsletter and on the AGIA website in September.
Some abstracts received so far…
• HTTP: from File Transfer Protocol overview to Bible eating monster
• 125 years of legacy data at the Geological Survey of Western Australia: Capture and delivery
• Improving Geoscience Australia’s legacy data accessibility
• Dorothy Hill Archives at the University of Queensland Library
• Accessing the inaccessible: Tasmanian drill & core samples
Current AGIA members with two years standing are reminded that they may apply for financial assistance to attend a conference/event/activity of relevance to AGIA. A formal submission must be made to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please refer to the membership page for submission details. Submissions must be received by end of September to allow time for processing.