AGIA Occasional Paper 11 Australian Geoscience Council Convention 2018 AGIA Post Convention Workshop 16 Proceedings: Unrealised billions – deposits hidden in legacy data, is now available here.
The 2018 workshop was a collaborative effort between the AGIA National Committee and South Australian Branch of AGIA. The AGIA National Executive organised the workshop program and speakers and were sponsors of the main AGCC 2018 Convention. AGIA SA Branch put in enormous effort into the logistics of the workshop, organising the venue and catering.
- Projects making Geoscience Australia’s legacy data more accessible
- HTTP: from File Transfer Protocol overview to bibliographic database
- Data driven exploration: A model to improve discovery success in the Queensland Northwest Minerals Province
- The role of the librarian in meeting the challenges of managing the information in legacy formats
- The role of government in data upcycling: Examples and case studies from Western Australia
- Unearthing GSSA history: Legacy documents (abstract only)
- Extracting value from legacy collections: Dorothy Hill Archives at the University of Queensland Library
- Rock and drill core collections as legacy data [Tasmanian diamonds]
- Digitalizing legacy reports and other unstructured data stores
- South Australian Drill Core Library: 130 years of core, now digitally catalogued and analysed using new non-destructive sampling techniques for future exploration technologies
Australian Geoscience Council Convention 2018 AGIA Post Convention Workshop 16 Proceedings: Unrealised billions – deposits hidden in legacy data, 19th October 2018, Clovelly Park S.A. Abstracts and presentations.