AGIA provides members with many opportunities to network with geoscience information colleagues and stay up-to-date with developments across industry and government. AGIA seeks to tailor workshops and seminars to the members’ professional development needs, as well as providing members with an opportunity to share their knowledge in a supportive environment.
The membership year is from 1 July to 30 June and subscription renewals are due by 31 October. The preferred method of membership renewal/registration is via the TryBooking web service (credit card payments only). A link is provided to current members and also made available via the AGIA website.
For those unable to pay using credit card please print an AGIA Membership Flyer and send the completed form to:
AGIA continues to be supported by corporate memberships and in the 2017-18 membership year they include:
- Geoscience Australia
- Katalyst Data Management
- Northern Territory Geological Survey
- Rio Tinto
- Western Australian Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety
- Woodside Energy Ltd (Library requests to firstname.lastname@example.org)
AGIA may consider requests for sponsorship of events and activities that meet its objective of promoting the exchange of information in the earth sciences and related areas.
Current AGIA members with two years standing may apply for financial assistance to attend a conference/event/activity of relevance to AGIA. A formal submission may be made at any time during the year to the President of the National Committee of AGIA. Proposals should allow at least 3 months for processing, and be sent to email@example.com. The submission must contain information on:
- the relevance of the conference to the applicant – this should be framed within the general objectives of AGIA
- the applicant’s employer/institution of study
- the amount of financial assistance the applicant expects to receive from the employer (and other sources if applicable)
- the amount of financial assistance sought from AGIA, and a detailed budget of expected conference expenses.
All successful applicants will be expected to submit a written report to the AGIA National Committee for inclusion in the Association’s Newsletter, within 3 months from the conclusion of the conference/event.