A gentle reminder to our members that it is time to renew your support and membership of AGIA. New members are very welcome to join and share the benefits of AGIA membership:
- opportunities to network with members and geoscience information organisations throughout Australia and overseas;
- receive early notification of AGIA events;
- participate in discussions about geoscience data & information issues;
- advance access to AGIA’s newsletter The Great Australian Byte.
We have very much appreciated the support of our members over the past year, and anticipate an event-filled 2013/2014.
You can find the membership renewal form here. If you have any questions about membership please contact AGIA’s Membership Secretary via email@example.com
AGIA Geoscience Data & Information Seminar:
12.30pm – 4.30pm, Thursday 24th October 2013
The National Committee has developed a draft plan for this excellent professional development opportunity. The afternoon seminar will be held in the Perth metropolitan area (venue tbc) and will focus on creating and exposing trusted data and information.
Proposed topics include:
- data management strategies;
- IM Governance;
- data remediation;
- discovering trusted data & information; and
- an update on the public release of petroleum data (per Offshore Petroleum and Greenhouse Gas Storage (Resource Management and Administration) Regulations 2011).
Places will be limited so please register your interest with firstname.lastname@example.org to receive further updates and aid the planning of the event.